Muchenje Safari Lodge
Muchenje Safari Lodge: Our View
Muchenje Safari Lodge is situated high on an escarpment on the quieter western side of Botswana’s Chobe National Park, far away from the bustle of Kasane yet just two hours from the magnificent Victoria Falls.
The lodge offers wonderful views of the Chobe River and the seasonal flood plains. Muchenje’s extensive wooden deck areas allow guests to be able to relax and enjoy these breathtaking vistas.
Muchenje Safari Lodge has 10 private thatched cottages and a larger family cottage, each being beautifully appointed and each with its own unique view of the Chobe flood plain.
Chobe is renowned for its prolific wildlife and huge concentrations of game. The included safari activities are planned carefully to coincide with when one is most likely to see wildlife. Muchenje Safari Lodge offers morning, afternoon and night game drives as well as guided game walks, boat cruises, mokoro excursions and cultural village visits.
Being owner run, Muchenje Safari Lodge allows for a more personalised service and homely atmosphere.
Muchenje Safari Lodge: Quick Facts
- 10 Cottages and one Family Cottage
- All rooms can convert to double or twin beds
- Accessibility: 45 min drive from Kasane & 2 hours drive from Victoria Falls
- Complimentary transfers to and from Kasane
- Panoramic views across the flood plains into Caprivi Strip
- Phenomenal game activity on the flood plains and high elephant population in winter
- Activities: game drives (morning, afternoon & evening), guided game walks, boat cruises, mokoro excursions, cultural village visit (all activities dependent on weather/season)
- Wifi at the main lodge
- Laundry service
- Owner run and managed
Muchenje Safari Lodge: The Details
All cottages have en-suite bathrooms, private deck, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, electronic safe, mosquito nets, Tea and coffee making facilities, mini bar/fridge and hairdryers. All rooms can covert to double or twin beds.
Children 8 years and older are welcome, children under 8 are welcome on request in Low / Mid Season. Families with children between 8 – 12 yrs old must use a private vehicle at an additional cost. The minimum age for the walking tour and mokoro trip is 12 years and over.