Matemwe Beach House
Matemwe Beach House: Our View
This traditional three-room residence is the perfect escape for families or groups looking for a private slice of Zanzibar’s beautiful coastline.
The warm turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean are on your doorstep, which means snorkelling, kayaking, boat trips and diving excursions are easy to arrange – although you may find lazy days relaxing in the private swimming pool and soaking up the tranquil surroundings equally appealing. A team of staff – including a private chef and butler – is dedicated to looking after your every need, so you have the freedom to relax completely.
Secluded Matemwe Beach on the northeastern coast of Zanzibar Island is perfectly situated opposite the spectacular diving and snorkelling reefs of the Mnemba Atoll and surrounded by some of the best beaches in Zanzibar.
Privacy and exclusivity are paramount at Matemwe, where the beach is still one of the quieter and more exclusive locations on the island.
Matemwe Beach House: Quick Facts
- 3 rooms (2 doubles and 1 twin)
- Private plunge pool (with pool net)
- Air conditioning in downstairs double bedrooms
- En-suite bathrooms for downstairs double bedrooms
- Butler service
- Personal bar
- Spa (at Matemwe Lodge)
- Not suitable for disabled guests
- In-room lockable box
- Hair dryer, laundry service, Laundry service, power: 240V mains & generator back-up
- Closest Airstrip is Zanzibar Airport - approximately 75 minutes
- Activities: reef walk, snorkelling, village visit, Kayaking, Diving, Dhow sailing trip, Stone Town visit, spice tour
- Matemwe Beach House is closed from 3 April to 31 May
- Children of all ages are welcome
Matemwe Beach House: The Details
Matemwe Beach House is situated slightly south of Matemwe Lodge, right on the beachfront. A short walk across the beach provides access to the lodge and all its facilities, including the spa and open-air restaurant.
A 30-minute boat ride away is Mnemba Island and the world-renowned coral reef that provides some of the most spectacular diving and snorkeling in the world.
The house sleeps six people in two double bedrooms on the ground floor and has a mezzanine bedroom with two single beds, all with mosquito nets.
Both downstairs double bedrooms are air conditioned. The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with shower and the second bathroom contains a bath and shower.