Primate Lodge Kibale
Primate Lodge Kibale
Primate Lodge Kibale is strategically located at the Kanyanchu Visitors’ Centre in Kibale Forest National Park; home of no fewer than 13 species of primates including the unique chimpanzees and the forest elephant – a smaller, hairier "cousin" of the savannah elephant. The lodge is only less than a 7 minutes wallk away from the briefing point for the chimpanzee tracking excursion.
The lodge can easily be accessed by road from Kampala. One would first drive from Kampala to Fort Portal (approx. 322km, a roughly a 5hrs drive) and then take the road from Fort Portal to Kamwenge which starts near the bridge over the Mpanga River in the center of Fort Portal and is well sign posted. From here one would just follow this road for 36 km to Kanyanchu.
Primate Lodge Kibale is an exclusive eco-lodge featuring sumptuous jungle cottages with high-end facilities and spacious standard forest cottages for the budget conscious traveler. All rooms are equipped with en-suite bathrooms.
The main lodge and rooms are equipped with controlled 240v solar powered electricity with a backup generator. However due to the environment, the solar system may not charge as expected. In this case kerosene lanterns are provided at the reception.
Guest may enjoy the following activities (extra charge may apply):chimpanzee tracking, primate & forest walks, nocturnal walk, visit the Chimpanzee Habituation Project, birding, visit to the Crater Lakes area and the Bigodi Swamp Walk
Primate Lodge Kibale: Quick Facts
- 9 Luxury Cottages, 6 mid-level spacious Forest Cottages, 1 Elevated Banda - all with en suite facilities
- 1 remote Sky Tree House for the adventurous travellers (not self- contained)
- A secluded well maintained campsite and adjacent to the lodge's restaurant
- Activities (extra charge may apply):chimpanzee tracking, primate & forest walks, nocturnal walks, visit the Chimpanzee Habituation Project, Birding, visit to the Crater Lakes area and the Bigodi Swamp Walk
- Spacious restaurants with local and international dishes & well-stocked bar
- Craft shop
- Free Wi- Fi access in public area
- Solar powered lodge with back up generator
- Mobiles phones, cameras, iPads, laptops and other electronics can be charged at the main lodge.