Mogotlho Safari Lodge
Mogotlho Safari Lodge: Our View
Situated in a grove of Camel Thorn trees, overlooking the Khwai River, Mogotlho Safari Lodge is located in a unique, slightly elevated riverbank with beautiful views over the river. The special location of the Mogotlho concession makes it a regular host to elephant, buffalo, lion, leopard, and wild dog. The lodge property is electric fenced to keep the elephant out, but otherwise the wildlife roams freely. This is the perfect location for wildlife photography and provides excellent birding opportunities with good sightings of waders and raptors in the area, among many other species.
Activities in the camp include morning and afternoon game drives and night drives in the Mogotlho Safari Lodge's private concession, and day trips into Moremi Game Reserve. A cultural visit to the Mababe Village can be arranged, as well as guided safari walks within the concession. For those just wanting to relax, the lounge, swimming pool and deck areas offer beautiful views over the Khwai River.
Mogotlho Safari Lodge: Quick Facts
- 13 Meru style Safari Tents with en-suite bathrooms. Each tent has a fan and deck chairs on the veranda
- Solar based eco-friendly lodge
- Tents all river facing, double and twin three-quarter beds, and 2 family rooms adjacent to the main area, each with its own private viewing deck
- Thatched roof dining and lounge area with viewing decks and bar overlooking the Khwai River
- Wildlife Library
- Swimming Pool
- Game drives & Night Drives
- Game & Birding walks with armed guide
- Day Trips to Moremi
- Mokoro trips (seasonal) at Khwai on Moremi Day trips only (minimum age 8 years)
- Sundowner game drives & bush dinners
- Excellent restaurant meals and catering
- Medical and Medivac Assistance with Okavango Air Rescue
Mogotlho Safari Lodge: The Details
Children of all ages are welcome at Mogotlho Safari Lodge but must be under the care of their parents at all times as the camp is accessible to all wildlife except elephants. Families with children under 6 years will need to pay for a private vehicle.
Transfers are available from Maun and Khwai Airstrip. With a 2.5 hour drive from Maun, self-driving to the camp is also an option, but no self driving within the concession is permitted, and all activities need to be taken with the lodge. The game viewing vehicles are comfortable open land cruisers, taking a maximum of 6 guests, unless you are a family or group whereby a maximum of 9 seats are available. The guiding at Mogotlho is of a high standard, with experienced guides able to share their extensive knowledge with you.
Mogotlho boasts an array of excellent food and beverages, with plated and buffet style breakfast, lunches and 3 course dinners to rival any 4 star establishment. The well stocked bar offers very good South African wines, beers and spirits. The accommodations are extremely comfortable, consisting of spacious canvas rooms, gorgeous enormous beds, lovely walk-in glass showers and private viewing decks. The larger family rooms can accommodate 2 adults and 2 children very comfortably, and are located next to the main areas.